As a seasoned criminal defense attorney, with 5 years of experience, he regularly appears in front of every Judge in both Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties. He has prosecuted and/or defended everything from traffic tickets to manslaughter.
In 2014, Gregory was selected by the Independent News as a “Rising Star”, an honor recognizing those young professionals in the Pensacola area who have achieved a high level of success early in their career. This honor was largely based on his extensive trial experience and success while serving as an Assistant State Attorney. He has been the lead prosecutor in 48 jury trials as well as hundreds of judge trials and violation of probation hearings. He received his undergraduate degree in Criminal Justice from Troy University in 2006. While at Troy he was a standout on their football team appearing in 47 Division I football games and being named to the all-conference team in 2007. Upon leaving Troy, Gregory earned his J.D. from the University of Mississippi School of Law in 2011. While at Ole Miss, he was a member of the Moot Court Board and competed in the National Labor Law Trial Competition in Dallas Texas. He now focuses his practice primarily on family law and criminal defense.
Interactions with law enforcement can be confusing and misleading. You always have the right to consult with an attorney prior to a police interview. Mr. Whibbs can be reached at a moment’s notice in the event of a DUI or other criminal investigation, just email Gregory@whibbsandstone.com.
- Florida 2012
Associations and Activities
- Florida Bar Association
- Escambia Santa Rosa Bar Association – Young Lawyers Division
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Board member of Pensacola Bay Area Chapter of Troy University Alumni & Friends
- Greater Pensacola Ole Miss Club
- Pensacola Big Game Fishing Club
- Troy University B.S. 2006, Major: Criminal Justice Minor: Political Science
- University of Mississippi School of Law J.D. 2011
Press & Publications
- Independent News “Rising Star” 2014
- The National Trial Lawyers “Top 40 Under 40”